Saturday, July 31, 2010

High School Friend Visits ~ 34 Years of Catching Up in One Night

Gracie and her daughter Michel, visited while driving cross country back to NY from Michel's year long volunteer dedication to AmeriCorps.

It was great trying relive the memories, what few I had left. Grace has a great long term memory and versed me on the many things I need refreshing on. We had tons in common, knew many of the same people well that I had forgotten she also knew.

Needless to say, my husband hooked them up with a mechanic friend of ours, who happens to have a mechanic shop about 40 minutes away in Brentwood, CA and then Rob took my friends over to the shop to have their car checked out for safety. I definitely recommend Ted Curran's shop called Monkey Wrenches.

Ted did a full car inspection, checked tire pressures and tire condition, and topped off fluids, checked breaks, belts, etc. to prepare these ladies for their cross country adventure.

My husband felt better knowing that they would have a safe car while traveling this distance. One of many things I love about my husband is that not only does he take great care of me and his clients, he also takes great care of my friends whenever they visit.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post! Compliments to Rob, what a guy.

    ReplyDelete