Thursday, July 29, 2010

Keeping the Neighborhood in Bloom


As the founder of the exclusive group Deadheaders' Anonymous, I have been known to volunteer to deadhead/prune neighbor's flowers in exchange for (you guessed it...) seeds.

Members can identify scores of different types of seeds from memory. This is one that is common. If you can name it, you are likely already an honorary member.

Occasionally I have gone so far as to offer my "free" gardening services to businesses if they have desirable seeds.

I know I am not the only one doing this...Hence the start of this group. OK fellow deadheaders, fess up. Would love to hear your stories.

It is a win-win for everyone. The neighbors and local businesses will have a new flush of buds to bloom, and "Seedy Woman" gets to harvest and covet more seeds while tending to her OCD.




No comments:

Post a Comment